How do I apply for the ASIM scholarship?
When can I apply for scholarships?
Do I need to produce a sample or article that has me as the main author?
Who can apply?
Candidates are selected between target group one and target group two as follows:
- Target group one: Category of former students of the four ASIM participating institutions namely: University of Johannesburg, Ardhi University, Covenant University and Malawi University of Business and Applied Sciences – the former students can go to any of the four institutions.
- Target group two: Category of former students of any other institution in Africa.
NB: Students cannot enroll in their former participating institutions. E.g., former University of Johannesburg students cannot apply for scholarships to study further at the University of Johannesburg. However, they qualify to apply as target group one students at Ardhi, Covenant and Malawi University of Business and Applied Sciences.
What documents do I need to apply?
• Proof of nationality
• Highest qualification
• Academic record
• Evidence of English language as medium of instruction at Higher Education Institution (HEI)
• Research proposal and personal statement
• A sample paper or article that you have been the main author on, preferably in the study area that you have selected. If you do not have an already written paper, please submit a new one even if it is not yet published.
• At least two letters of recommendation sent by the referees directly to the PG administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the Key elements of the research proposal?
• Title of research
• Summary (250 words)
• Research aims and objectives.
• Research problem, questions, or hypotheses (based on a robust literature review)
• Literature review (This is a detailed systematic review that should exhibit critical and analytical thinking, show trends, key themes, thought leaders and gap in the field. The studies must be recent. The applicant will demonstrate knowledge of the field and how well they have identified the gap that they intend contributing knowledge to. As mentioned in 6.5, literature review will be the basis for aims, objectives, questions and hypotheses
• Proposed research methods (Justification is needed for the chosen methods in data collection and analysis)
• Project schedule
• Project cost and other resources that will be needed for the study.
• References – Use the Harvard style.
Do I need to write a research proposal and personal statement?
When is the closing date for scholarship applications?
What are the durations of the programs?
Which institutions are partnering in the mobility scholarship
If I need assistance who do I contact?
What are the Minimum Requirements for Application:
Second Class Upper (3.5 CGPA or its equivalent or at least 65% average in all modules) in the relevant fields of study from any recognized University in Africa.
• PhD degree programs:
Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees from any recognized University in Africa. Candidates must have a minimum CGPA of 4.0 on a 5.0 scale, or 65% average or its equivalent in M.Sc./M.Eng/M.Tech and the minimum stipulated for the Master’s degree above.
Through this expression of interest, ASIM will collect your personal information and documentation to allow the universities to process your expression of interest to study at one of the four institutions.
Please ensure that your information reflects the best of your knowledge, your capability, competence, and experience correctly. Therefore, if ASIM or the universities find at a later stage that the provided information is deliberately incomplete, untrue, fraudulent, or incorrect in any way, the admission will be reversed, and the matter reported to relevant authorities. Your information disclosed to us in this expression of interest is confidential and cannot be made available to any other party without your consent and or as permitted by law. If at a later stage you wish to correct, delete, or withdraw your expression of interest, you should contact the PG administrator at email@example.com.